At Hospice of the South Plains in Lubbock, TX we embrace a compassionate, personal approach to medical care and supportive services for patients with life-limiting illnesses.
Our approach to hospice care places emphasis on managing pain and controlling symptoms, while striving to enhance the quality of life for our patients and their families.
Our care team of physicians, nurses, social workers, nurse aids and chaplains is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, providing patients with the highest level of care.
Hospice of the South Plains provides all the necessary services to offer terminally-ill patients the option of living in their own familiar surroundings, but with the highest level of medical care to ensure a comfortable and pain-free environment. Unlike most other medical options, our patients and their families get to decide. Wherever they choose to call home, we bring our care team to them.
In addition to our emphasis on patient care, Hospice of the South Plains understands the importance of supporting the caregiver. When the patient’s primary caregiver needs a break from the physical and emotional stress of caring for their loved one, Hospice of the South Plains in Lubbock, TX can facilitate short term respite care.
Our chaplains also offer spiritual and emotional support, as well as bereavement care and counseling for our patients, their family and their friends.
If you have any questions concerning your medical care, or the care of a loved one, please feel free to contact our local office so we can set up an appointment to discuss our services and available resources. Call us anytime at: (806) 783-0382.
The caring team of staff members and volunteers at Hospice of the South Plains understands that, for our patients, curing their illness is not an option. But we are committed to relieving the pain and symptoms of a terminal illness through palliative treatment in Lubbock, TX. We help patients with a life expectancy of six months or less with services such as:
• Professional nursing treatment
• Nurses aids and trained volunteers
• Access to social services
• Spiritual care services
• Bereavement care and counseling for the family
Call Hospice of the South Plains today to learn how we can help you and your loved one live every day to its fullest.
1. Hospice improves the quality of life. Rather than struggle through the day-to-day challenges of medical treatment and transportation, hospice care empowers you or your loved one to enjoy every moment and make positive new memories. Our team will work to ensure that your last months or weeks are spent in enjoyment and rest.
2. Hospice often increases longevity. Terminally ill patients and end of life patients who receive hospice care often live longer than those who don't receive it. We will ensure that you and your loved ones are given the most time together possible.
3. Hospice care provides respite for caregivers. A terminally ill or end of life patient who has experienced a long period of illness often relies on loved ones for caregiving. We will alleviate that burden so you can concentrate on saying goodbye.